Roses are red
Roses are
red and pink and white and…..violets are blue. The fact is that roses come in
many more colors and shades than what I just listed. They are big business for
growers as many varieties have a name that is protected by a trademark. Clubs
are formed and collections are envied as members showcase their many specimens.
Although they have a reputation for being fickle plants, there are more and more that are being crossbred to be easier for the average gardener to grow. The link below gives a lot of options for those wanting to enjoy roses, but always thought it would be too difficult to maintain.
Although they have a reputation for being fickle plants, there are more and more that are being crossbred to be easier for the average gardener to grow. The link below gives a lot of options for those wanting to enjoy roses, but always thought it would be too difficult to maintain.
In addition,
this link provides great information on how to determine where to plant your
roses, as well as pruning, deadheading, watering and pest control.
These two
examples are from my garden this past summer. On the left is “Mr. Lincoln” and
the right is “Dream Come True”.
The easiest varieties
to grow are Knock Out and Flower Carpet, as they are more of a type of shrub
and groundcover. Many varieties have either a strong or subtle fragrance. I can
tell you that when the breeze blows, it smells wonderful.
I have
included a video on how to begin the process of planting and nurturing these
beauties.
Whether or
not you have a green thumb, consider giving roses a try. As long as you have a
sunny location and good drainage, you can do it! Good luck!


I currently work as a florist and get to play with flowers all day. I love my job! I have rose bushes in my yard and I absolutely love the fragrance and beauty of them. It is nice to see someone else who is so passionate about the field. Nice information here!
ReplyDeleteThank you, I appreciate the kind words. :)
ReplyDelete