I’ll start off
with the Pachira, also known as the money tree. No, money doesn’t grow on this
tree, although I wish it would. Originally native to Central and South America,
the art of Feng Shui has made it a popular plant with its lore of wealth to all
who have one. With my green thumb…I’d be rich!
Despite this fact, it is one of my favorite house plants to look at during the indoor winter months. Its braided trunk has a bit of a bamboo likeness to it. I have included a link about them from YouTube, as well as a picture of mine. Can’t wait for the warm weather!!
http://youtu.be/j5KGDu3jltY
Despite this fact, it is one of my favorite house plants to look at during the indoor winter months. Its braided trunk has a bit of a bamboo likeness to it. I have included a link about them from YouTube, as well as a picture of mine. Can’t wait for the warm weather!!
http://youtu.be/j5KGDu3jltY

Another favorite
of mine is my Dracaena marginata. Ok,
well I call her my big girl. Yes, I said her. All of my plants are ladies, and
require lots of love. She’s the one on the left. I often tell people that they are my kids when
my son and grandkids aren’t around. She is currently a little over five feet in
height, and will grow at a rate of approximately one inch per three months.
As you will notice in the bottom photo, they can grow very large in tropical climates. They also exist in a variety that is significantly reddish in color. It is difficult to see from the photo, but mine does have a very thin red edge. They are very easy to grow, but remember they can grow quite large.
As you will notice in the bottom photo, they can grow very large in tropical climates. They also exist in a variety that is significantly reddish in color. It is difficult to see from the photo, but mine does have a very thin red edge. They are very easy to grow, but remember they can grow quite large.
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/indoor-care-dracaena-marginata-42795.html
![]() |
![]() |
| Photo credit: www.canstockphoto.com |
![]() |
| Photo credit: www.commons.wikimedia.org |



Interesting!
ReplyDelete